Saturday, September 1, 2012

Choosing Gratitude: 30 Day Challenge: Day 27






Day 27: Progress Report
Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 4:11-16

We're nearing the end of our month-long journey into gratitude.  To help you measure what kind of effect this experience is having on your life, take a little quiz today to see where you're growing and where you still need work.  Try answering these questions candidly in your journal--not just yes or no, but with supporting details that come to mind:

  1. Do I often complain about my circumstances, feeling like I deserve better?
  2. Do others hear me voice more complaints and negative comments than words of gratitude about the typical events of daily life?
  3. Would others describe me as a thankful person?
  4. What evidence is there that I have a grateful or an ungrateful spirit?
  5. How often do I begin statements with these words: "I am so thankful that..."?
  6. Do I more frequently display a pessimistic, negative outlook or a positive, grateful perspective?
  7. Am I reserved or eager when it comes to expressing appreciation to others?
  8. My most recent expression of gratitude was...
GRATITUDE IN ACTION
As I have shared, through the course of writing this book, God has done a fresh work in my own heart in the area of gratitude.  But I had to be willing to humble myself, confess my need, and ask for prayer, help, and accountability from those close to me.  Remember, our hearts cannot change apart from His grace giving us the desire and the power to please Him.  And God pours out His grace on the humble.

If you haven't done so already, consider taking this gratitude challenge into an accountability setting, letting others help you stay true to your commitment, while being there to offer your support to them as well.

No comments: