Saturday, May 15, 2010

SMT Verse #4

Alrighty, Scripture Memory Ladies!  It's the 15th and time for our 4th verse.  We are getting to the end of the school year which brings so many extra things into our schedules.  It is so easy to get overwhelmed and feel like there is just no way that we can do even One.More.Thing.  But let's not give up on learning His Word.  If you need to stretch your verse over the whole month...that's okay.  Just don't quit.

I want to encourage you to stick with our ultimate plan...to get God's Word into our hearts and minds.  This leads me to the verses I've chosen this time around.

"For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.  The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil.  But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."  
Matthew 12: 34b-37 (NASB)

I don't know about you, but I know that makes me really want to fill my heart with good treasure!  Now it's your turn.  Leave a comment and let us know what verse you have chosen.  Be sure to include the entire verse, reference and translation...since someone may choose to memorize your verse as well.  And as always, if you are having trouble deciding what to memorize, you can use mine or one of the others chosen for this time around or the previous times.  There's no shame in copying! =)

Keep on keepin' on!
Brittany

12 comments:

Nita DeSonier said...

Isaiha 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
(NIV)

Unknown said...

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into His glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to Him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power and authority are His before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen. Jude 1:24-25(NLT)

Tammy said...

I'm using Zoila's from last time because I am weary and oh so TIRED! Thankful for this promise:
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavily burdened, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

Hilary said...

I've always loved this verse, but have only been able to paraphrase. It's time to commit it to heart.

"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 41:31

Hilary said...

Wrong chapter listed. Now it's fixed: "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Unknown said...

I will sing of the lovingkindness of the LORD forever; to all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth. Psalm 89:1 (NASB)

Unknown said...

I think I failed to publish the first time...

I thought this verse fitting to follow my previous (James 3:8-10). If I do this every time I even think of speaking ill of anyone, perhaps old very bad habits can be broken.

Here is my verse for the last half of May:

I will sing of the lovingkindness of the LORD forever; to all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth. Psalm 89:1 (NASB)

Brittany said...

@ann...
Sorry, I just hadn't had a chance to publish your first response. I have to approve them before they show up so that we don't get inappropriate messages left by spammers. :)
bg

Carrie P said...

Hillary, I have to thank you for this one...in my life right now I seem to need all verses related to joy! ;)

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Kristi Tye said...

I'm back. :-) And I decided to start off nice and easy. Gotta set up that habit first, you know?!? So here's mine for this last half of May . . .

"For God called you [me] to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you [me]. He is your [my] example, and you [I] must follow in His steps." -- I Peter 2:21

Unknown said...

I missed the first part of May with too many things crammed onto my plate! I think it was May 12th before I even realized that I didn't post a scripture! However, I am back and glad to be accountable for hiding God's Word in my heart! I'm focusing on one of my favorite verses for the rest of this month and with all of the craziness that goes on this time of year, it is quite appropriate for me to remember that God is my source for all that I need!

Terri

"Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?" Luke 12:27-28 NLT

Zoila said...

I am noticing all my verses are short... I totally know my limits right now LOL!! Thanks Brittany for encouraging me, it really helps to read over the verses you all have chosen and to find one of my own that really applies to me at this moment.

"Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."
Deuteronomy 3:21-23