Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SMT Verse #5

It's June 1st....JUNE 1ST!!!  I can't believe how fast time is a flyin'!  School's out in a couple of days and the summer fun has already begun.  I don't know about you, but summer tends to be a crazy time for me.  In fact, I'll be posting the next verse from camp!  But for now, I'm sitting in my office with tons of to-do lists on my desk.

Last month I committed to memorizing Matthew 12:34b-37.  It was a tough one, but one that I definitely needed to have running through my head!  I now have no excuse not to know that my mouth speaks out of that which overflows from my heart...and that I will be held accountable for every careless word that I speak.  God has really been convicting me on those careless words.  So along those lines, I've chosen this prayer-verse for the first part of this month.

"Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips."  Psalm 141:3 (NIV)

Now it's your turn.  For those of you already on the team, you know the drill: leave a comment with your verse, reference and version.  For those of you who want to join our team, COME ON!!  You can go here to read all about our commitment to learning 2 verses a month so that we have God's Truth in our minds instead of the lies of this world.  If any of you need ideas for your verse, you can go back and read all of the SMT posts and comments to see what your fellow sisters have chosen in the past.

Keep on keepin' on!!

Brittany

7 comments:

Unknown said...

In the last few months I’ve found there is so much advice available for how to “sell yourself”; how to write, say and express just the right things that the world is looking for so you will get the job you want. It is exhausting at best and disorienting at worst. Recently a friend of mine reminded me that God has my resume, and He knows who I am. So, I’m thinking this verse is a good reminder to me to not be conformed to what the world is looking for, and to renew my mind in His ways and His truth. There are more verses that I feel drawn to that reassure me at this time, but this is the one I think I want to learn first.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Rom 12:2 (NASB)

Nita DeSonier said...

Along my recent journey of letting God heal my insecurities, this verse has been brought to my attention. I find it totally amazing that you can have studied a section of scripture many times and have not noticed a particular verse. How fun to get little gifts from God every time you open His word!

Hebrews 10:35-36
"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." (NIV)

Terri Cooper said...

Here is my verse for June 1st. It is one of my long time favorites. My childhood pastor used to quote it all the time so this scripture holds a special place in my heart.

Psalm 103:2-4 (New International Version)

Praise the LORD, O my soul,and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion

Tammy said...

"Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders."

Deut. 33:12 (NIV)

Unknown said...

Romans 5:2 (NLT)

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.

Hilary said...

Galations 2:20 (NIV)

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Carrie P said...

Now that the girls are out of school, I am trying with renewed energy to be the mom I want to be - so I thought a few verses from Proverbs 31 might help me...

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

I am sure the entire chapter would be even better, but I am trying to be realistic! ;)