Thursday, July 1, 2010

SMT Verse #7

Hey Ladies!  Can you believe it??? We are now on our 7th verse!  I pray that you are gaining as much from this journey as I am.  I can't tell you how many times God has used these verses in my life for the last 3 months.  Sometimes I've felt that I've chosen the memory verse randomly, but then circumstances occur in my life and I KNOW that God has led me to get those verses in my head and my heart!

I've chosen my verse this month for two reasons...the first being that we are celebrating our great country's independence.  I am so proud to be an American.  I know that our earthly freedoms did not come without sacrifice.  I am so thankful to the service men and women in our armed forces and for their families.  They give so much to protect our freedoms.  The second reason I've chosen this verse is infinitely more important...because we have a Savior who sacrificed His own life so that we could be free.  I want that freedom!  God and I have been working on specific strongholds that have enslaved me.  So, I'm claiming this verse...standing firm in His promise.

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."
Galatians 5:1 (NASB)

Now it's your turn.  You know the drill.  Know that I'm praying for each one of you!  If you haven't joined our Scripture Memory Team, we'd love to have you on board.  You can go here to read about our 2 verses/month commitment and why we are filling our hearts and our heads with TRUTH.

I pray that you will choose to live in true freedom...it comes from Him alone.
Brittany

5 comments:

Hilary said...

The verse I chose this time was one I've always loved and when it was sited in one of Pastor Johnny's sermons I felt it was time to committ it to memory.

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Corinthians 1:21 (NIV)

Carrie P said...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Cor 13:4-8a (NIV)

Nita said...

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25 (NIV)

This is from the classic and sometimes depressing chapter in Proverbs that speaks of a godly woman. The reason I like this verse is not that I need to have it all together to be this way - but God has clothed me with strength and dignity therefore I can laugh at the days to come. I only have to remember the heavenly garments which He has clothed me with. So, since I deeply want to remember, I decided to officially put this verse to memory.

Unknown said...

Assuredly, the evil man will not go unpunished, but the decendants of the righteous will be delivered. Proverbs 11:21 (NASB)

The second part of the verse is what I need the most right now. It is a reminder to me in times of concern for my children and grandchildren, that I must continue to be strong in my own faith in God's promises for my decendants.

Tammy said...

Deuteronomy 7:9 "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."

A reminder to me of the importance of loving God and keeping his commandments. It affects the future of my family. That's a promise!