Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SMT Verse #11

September is upon us, and I don't know about you, but I am longing for the cooler weather!  As we get back into the swing of things after a fun summer, I pray that each one of us will make our time with our Creator a priority.  One way to have His Word with you at all times is to have some of it memorized!  That is why we are committing to be a part of this team...a team that is working together to memorize two verses a month.  If you've struggled with this over the summer, jump back in.  Don't be discouraged!  If you haven't officially joined in with us, I encourage you to do so.  It really helps to know that your sisters are here to encourage you and hold you accountable. =)

I've chosen a passage from the book of Psalms this time around.  Sometimes I just need a reminder of who I am and Whose I am.

"In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be ashamed; in Your righteousness deliver me. Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me.  For You are my rock and my fortress; for Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me."
Psalm 31:1-3 (NASB)


Now it's your turn to leave a comment with your chosen verse, reference and Bible version.  If you want to learn more about our Scripture Memory Team, you can leave a comment or go here to read more about it.

Brittany

3 comments:

Nita said...

I am behind in getting my verse posted again but here I am. I seem to need constant reminder to trust God so I've chosen a verse that I've known for years but I'm hoping putting it to memory will help write it on my heart so it becomes real in my life.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

Unknown said...

Okay, I know everyone is falling over in shock, but here I am after being extremely inconsistent -- or maybe non-existent would be a better word. But today, as we were having breakfast devotional with the girls before school, this verse jumped out at me. Plus, it's from 2 Cor. which Pastor Johnny is preaching out of.

"Your lives are a letter written in our hearts, and everyone can read it." 2 Corinthians 3:2

Okay, so Paul is talking about the Corinthians here, but I know it's for all of us. I better start walking the walk!

Carrie P said...

Just when I think I am the worst mom in the world...

1 Timothy 2:15 (New International Version)
15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.