Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SMT Verse #12

Guess what?? With today's verse, we are halfway through our goal of memorizing 24 verses in a year!!!  I am so proud of you ladies for sticking with this.  And don't worry, if you've fallen behind in your verses or haven't joined us yet, there's no reason you can't start today!!

I'm going to work on refreshing and polishing my previous 11 verses as well as focus on Hosea 10:12 to wrap up September.  This new verse is key in our Fall Bible Study called 'Seeking Him' by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  You can go here to read more about the study.  We would love to have you join us!! 

Anyway, I've chosen this verse because it is the cry of my heart during this season of my life.

"Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and showers righteousness on you."
Hosea 10:12 (NIV)

My prayer is for my Savior to break up the fallow ground of my hardened heart....to break up the sin I cling to--my pride, my fear, my selfishness, and oh so much more...so that He can plant in me a love and desire for His will.  I pray that this will be my cry not just for this season of my life but all the seasons of my life...until He comes and showers righteousness on me.

Come quickly LORD Jesus...until then fill me with the desire to seek You.  Be my Comforter and Healer through the breaking of my hardened heart.  From the broken pieces, create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10)

Now it is your turn to let us know what verse you will be committing to memory this last half of September.  I look forward to seeing where God is leading each one of you.  If this is your first time joining our Scripture Memory Team, just click on "comment" below and type in the verse, reference and Bible version that you have chosen.  If you don't know what verse to memorize, feel free to choose one that someone else is memorizing.  You can also click on 'SMT' under the Labels section at the top right of this page.  There you will be able to see the verses that I have chosen as well as read the comments to see what the other ladies have chosen to memorize throughout this journey that we are on.  God promised us in Isaiah 55:11 that His Word will not return to Him empty, but will accomplish what He desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it.  What a promise!!  And what a turn your life...and your view of your life...can take when you take Him at His Word and meditate on His Word!!

Praying for you, my sweet sisters!
Brittany

3 comments:

Nita said...

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple." Psalms 27:4 (NIV)

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm going to copy Brittany on this one, but I agree, since it's the "theme" for our Ladies' Bible Study and oh, so relevant and needed in my life, it will be my focus verse this last half of September.

"Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and showers righteousness on you."
Hosea 10:12

Carrie P said...

Proverbs 28:26 (New International Version)

26 Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.