Monday, November 1, 2010

SMT Verse #15

It's a new day...a new month...that means it is time for a new verse.  As I look back at the verses I've chosen to memorize over the last 7 months, there are a LOT that have to do with what comes out of my mouth.  This one is no exception. =)  I can say that I've gotten better about keeping my mouth shut when it needs to be shut, but it is still something that I have to actively work on day by day...sometimes minute by minute.  I am so thankful that God is etching these verses into my heart...I long for the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be acceptable in His sight because He is my Rock and my Redeemer.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk
come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up
according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen."
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)

Now it's your turn.  Leave a comment with your verse, reference and version.  If you have no idea what the SMT is, go here to read all about it...then join us!  It's not too late.

Brittany

1 comment:

Carrie P said...

You who seek God, let your hearts revive. Psalm 69:32b