Monday, November 15, 2010

SMT Verse #16

As we quickly approach the holiday season, I pray that we all remember to keep our commitment to treasure His Word in our hearts.  I am thankful for each one of you...whether you've been able to memorize two verses a month or none.  I pray that God will give you a longing to know Him more and more.

With Thanksgiving a week away, I wanted to memorize a verse that would remind me...command me...to give thanks no matter the circumstances.  I have learned...and continue to learn....that God is in complete control.  Whether I perceive the circumstances to be good or bad, I trust in the One who is at work in me.  He has promised that He will complete the work He has begun.  I already know the ending to my story--eternity with Him.  I may not understand all the little twists and turns of my journey to eternity, but I know Who does.  And in light of this, I will heed the God-inspired words that Paul wrote to the Thessalonian church.

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing;
in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB)

I encourage you to choose a verse of thanksgiving this time around.  If you've never joined us before, come on!  You will not be disappointed as you hide His Word in your heart.  Leave a comment with your chosen verse, the reference and the Bible version.  If you haven't joined us here in a while, don't let that stop you now...you can hop right back in.  Let's continue to work together to memorize the Truth so that we won't fall for the lies that continually bombard us.  Now is the time!

Brittany

2 comments:

Nita said...

I was struggling with learning the last verses I was memorizing in Daniel and keeping track of all the other verses so I didn't post last time and I am week late posting this time, but I am actually still working on this. I believe that Satan is not so happy with me memorizing all these verses and seems to be attacking my ability to memorize so as these verses were brought to my mind I decided these were the next ones I needed to learn.

Ephesians 6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm." (NIV)

Thanks for continuing to be faithful in posting Brittany. You rock girl!

Carrie P said...

Thanks for this on Brit...

"Do not let any unwholesome talk
come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up
according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen."
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)