Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SMT Verse #17

It's the last first day of the month for this year, and we are on our 17th verse!  We've entered the time of year that, for most, means more time spent with family.  I have had the privilege of growing up around 4 grandparents who love me unconditionally.  Though one is now with Jesus, I am still blessed with being able to spend quality time with the other three.  And I know without a doubt that one day we will all be praising our Savior around the Throne.  I know the legacy of faith that they have given me.  I long to be able to leave the same kind of legacy...whether someone has known me a day or my entire life.  I want them to be able to say of me what Paul said about Abraham:

"yet, with respect to the promise of God,
he did not waver in unbelief
but grew strong in faith,
giving glory to God, and being fully assured
that what God had promised,
He was able also to perform."
Romans 4:20-21 (NASB)

God has promised never to leave me or forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6); He has promised that the work He has begun in me, He will complete (Philippians 1:6); He has promised that I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13); He has promised that He will always provide a way out when I am tempted (1 Corinthians 10:13); He has promised to give me wisdom (James 1:5); He was promised me His peace (John 14:27);  He has promised to forgive me (1 John 1:9); He has promised that He is preparing a place for me with Him for eternity (John 14:2)...and those are just a few of His promises.  In respect to these promises of God, I do not want to waiver in unbelief but grow strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God has promised, He is able also to perform.

Now it is your turn.  Leave a comment with your chosen verse(s), reference and version.  If you feel like it, let us know why you have chosen this verse to memorize.  It is always encouraging to see how God is working in the lives of our sisters in Christ.  If you haven't shared your memory verse with us lately...or ever...go ahead and join us now!

Praising Him!
Brittany

2 comments:

Nita said...

Once again, I'm very behind in posting but am really enjoying reciting my verses every day! What an awesome way to start the day. I heard a statement made during a bible study from this verse and it really stuck with me so I wanted to memorize it.

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 NIV

Carrie P said...

Nita, since I am a scaredy cat in every way - I am going to grab hold of that verse as well.

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 NIV

Brit, I also want to say that I truly adore you...what you wrote is so inspiring...thank you for being faithful and serving us, even though we are not always faithful to you (i.e. adding all my verses 6 months later...LOL)