Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SMT Verse #18

It's time once again to commit another verse to memory.  Wow ladies...we're on our 18th verse!  I've chosen a shorter verse this time because I know that the last half of this month is super-busy, but I also chose this verse because I want to be armed with the Truth.  This time of year I feel so many arrows aimed at me...from well-meaning relatives and their inquiries about my life =) ...from the extra stress of all the things that have to get done...from my own insecurities, just to name a few.  So I'm taking up my shield of faith to block those incoming arrows and claiming this verse for the holiday season and the rest of my days.

"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD;
I say 'You are my God.'"
Psalm 31:14 (NASB)

That's all.  That's enough.  No matter what is said to me or about me...no matter what circumstances I am facing...no matter what my feelings and emotions try to tell me, I know this:  He is my God and He is my enough.

Now it's your turn to let us know what verse you are committing to memory for the last part of the year.  Share the verse, reference and version in the comment section.  I pray that as you continue to add verses to your arsenal, that you find you are better equipped to handle the arrows aimed at you.  Stick with it ladies!

Merry Christmas!
Brittany

1 comment:

Carrie P said...

I know I just added 11 verses and it appears that I am adding them 'willy nilly'...but actually 9 of them I had written down at various times over the last several months - so they weren't completely without thought or direction. :)

This one is no exception...as I contemplate the end of a VERY tumultuous year, and start to get annxious about the new one...I am reminded that I will fail if I rely on my own perfections - because I have none. :) and what a relief that is!!!!

2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version)
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.