Saturday, January 15, 2011

SMT #20

We are in the home stretch ladies...Verse #20!  Sorry this is so late posting this time around.  I've spent the the last two days celebrating our GINORMOUS God with 11 of my Cornerstone Kidz and a couple hundred other kiddos at Camp Kaotik.  What a blast it is to see all that God is doing through this young generation.  I get all teary-eyed just thinking about it, so I'll just get down to the business of this post.

The verse I have chosen for the 2nd half of this month comes from Exodus.  Moses is leading the Israelites out of Egypt, and they have encountered a huge...or GINORMOUS obstacle...the Red Sea.  The words Moses uses to encourage and strengthen God's chosen is one that I can claim no matter the size of the obstacle I am facing.  And if you've kept track of the running theme through most of the verses I have memorized,  you'll see that once again this has a little something to do with my mouth. =)

"The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."
Exodus 14:14 (NASB)

Your turn... let us know your verse, reference and Bible version.  Can't wait to see what God is teaching you!!

Brittany

2 comments:

Carrie P said...

So, Nita, I told you I would use it at some point - and it certainly is necessary these days...when I don't get enough rest!!! I must remember to rest in Him...

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalms 62:1-2 NIV

Nita said...

Carrie, you make me laugh! I pray it fills your heart with true rest. We are all in a state of hurtty these days.

For this couple weeks I have chosen a verse that is near and dear to my heart as I go through difficulties and I thought it was high time I memorized it rather than kind of remembering what it said.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." II Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV