Saturday, January 1, 2011

SMT Verse #19

Happy New Year!!

As we kick off this new year, let us not give up on our commitment to hide God's Word in our hearts!  If you are joining us for the first time, have learned a couple of verses or have memorized at least 2 a month since April...let me say this, I am so proud of you for making the decision to commit to memory what God has told us through His Word.  You are free to chose the verse that He is laying on your heart depending on where your walk is taking you at this time in your life.  What an amazing God we serve!  He talks to each of us through His Word...not just as the body of Christ, but individually as His children!

To begin this new year, I have chosen to memorize the following:

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,  keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."
1 Peter 3:15-16 (NIV)

This is my prayer...that I will honor Christ and let Him be LORD of my life...that I will always be ready to give an answer when someone asks me about the hope I have...that I will be kind and respectful in my answers so that my conscience can be clear.  I know that I can't control how others react to my words, but I want to know that I speak with the words that God would have me say.  I can know these words by knowing His Word.  That is my goal for memorizing this year.

What is your verse to begin this new year?  Why do you feel that God has placed it on your heart?  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.  I love that we are on individual faith journeys, but we are walking side by side, arm in arm as we finish this race.  Leave a comment with your verse, reference and version.  If you have no idea what the SMT is, click here to view all the previous SMT posts and scroll to the bottom to read the introduction.  It is not too late to join the group...because it is never too late to start memorizing the Truth of God's Word.

Brittany

2 comments:

Nita said...

I have chosen this verse because I want to be reminded that He is all I need.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalms 62:1-2 NIV

Carrie P said...

Nita, I like that one...I will borrow it at some point, I feel certain. :)

I just found out a friend of mine lost her baby today...so, I think this is an appopriate one for me right now...please pray for Whitney and her family...

When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one
as well as the other. Ecc 7:14