Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SMT #21

It's that time again--time to commit another verse to memory.  I pray that you are rejoicing inside on this super-cold, icy day. =)

I have chosen two verses for February from Jeremiah 10.  I am planning to work on verse 23 for the first part of the month and verse 24 for the second half.  If I happen to get them both memorized before the 15th, then SUPER, but I'm not going to rush it and not really get it into my head and into my heart.  I've chosen these verses because I often think that I have to be in control of my life.  That is sin...I am not in control...God is.  So as Jeremiah prayed, I too will pray:

23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
      We are not able to plan our own course.
 24 So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle.
      Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.
Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NLT)

Let us know what you plan on memorizing over the next couple of weeks.  Stay warm!!

1 comment:

CarrieP said...

Is it just you and me??? :)

I was ready to post this on the 1st, but you hadn't gotten to it yet :) So, of course, I forgot until now LOL

Yes, it's probably 'cheating' because this is for the Bible study, but I liked it... :)

For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake. Phil 1:29