Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SMT Verse #22

It's already the 15th of February.  I can't believe how fast this year is already starting to fly by.  And our year of memorizing two verses a month is coming to an end next month.  We only have two verses left...after we get today's verse into our hearts.

As I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I've chosen two verses from Jeremiah 10 for my February verses.  I worked on verse 23 for the first half and will now focus on verse 24.

23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
      We are not able to plan our own course.
 24 So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle.
      Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.
Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NLT) 
 
Keep up the good work!  Let us know what verse you have chosen to memorize by leaving a comment here.  It is fun to see where God is leading each of us as we commit to hide His Word in our hearts that we might not sin against Him.

2 comments:

Nita said...

I was negligent the first of the month and now I'm already two days late for the 15th but I'm back on track now.

I've chosen Phillipians 4:6-7 this time. I've already memorized 4:8 but heard a devotional this weekend that put the two of them together really nicely. Practicing verses 6 and 7 seems very difficult until you do verse 8. Focusing on all these positive things allow you to more easily not be anxious. So, I decided I needed to put them together in my heart.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with trhanksgiving; present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (8)Finally, brothers, whatever is true; whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Phillipians 4:6-8 (NIV)

CarrieP said...

Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. LUKE 14:27

Someone sent me a great devotional on this, and it was so pertinent to me - although it is usually referred to as 'baggage' in most cases, I will gladly carry whatever God has asked me to...and just when I feel it is too heavy, I need to remember that HE helps me carry the load...