Thursday, April 1, 2010

SMT Verse #1

And so our adventure begins!

I am so excited that we are beginning this year-long adventure together. I can't wait to see how God is going to bless this endeavor...in our lives, in our families' lives, and in our church. Make no mistake--there will be some blessing going on. God has promised that His Word will not return to Him empty but will accomplish what He desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:11). How awesome is that!!

Because of that promise, we do not have to stress out about what verses we choose to memorize. I will always post the verse I've chosen in case some of you are having trouble figuring yours out. (You'll find it below.) You are welcome to memorize the same one I or any other lady chooses. However, you still need to put your name and the verse in a comment to this post. It's a vital part of the accountability. Don't feel silly or like you've copied. That's what the Body of Christ is for! Many of the Scriptures I have chosen to memorize in the past were those I heard other teachers or leaders recite -- and I knew I wanted those words for myself. It's a normal part of discipleship so feel free!

The verses I have chosen to memorize this time around are ones that have been familiar to me, but I have just never fully memorized. My favorite hymn is also based on this passage. This month  happens to start a new year of my life...a year where I want to be purposeful in my pursuit of knowing Him more. As I reflect on this last year of my life and look forward to the next one, I want this one thing to resound in my mind...

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)

Now it's your turn. Let us know what you are going to memorize for your first verse. Be sure to type out the entire verse, reference and version when you leave your comment. We're all in this together. Let's continue to lift each other up and encourage one another in our pursuit of knowing Him more.

Brittany

12 comments:

Carrie P said...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whataver is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Phillipians 4:8 (NIV)

Carrie P said...

oh - and I wrote it in my spiral, too!!! :)

Zoila said...

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15:4 (NIV)

Tammy said...

"The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment." 2 Peter 2:9 (HCSB)

Terri Cooper said...

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation. He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10 (Amplified)

Unknown said...

10 For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. Phillipians 1:10 (NLT)

Nita DeSonier said...

"The Lord your god is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

Unknown said...

Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. Ps 119:11

faranza said...

Faranza Burandt

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be openened to you. matt 7:7 NIV

Bonnie said...

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in your with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)

Hilary said...

He who guards his mouth preserves his life,
But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
Proverbs 13:3

Kristi Tye said...

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders. -- Deuteronomy 33:12