Thursday, April 15, 2010

SMT Verse #2

Today's the 15th of April, and it's time to start on our second memory verse.  I pray that your thought life is already changing as you are hiding His Word in your heart.

If you haven't gotten your first verse completely memorized, don't give up!  Keep reading it every day...even if it isn't memorized word for word, you are getting His word in your head which can help drive out the lies that like to run around in there.

If you are just learning about the team, come on and join us now!  You can go here to find out more about what we are doing as well as sign up.  We (and HE) would love to have you on our team!!

I am going to memorize Isaiah 33:6 this time around.  I've been having a hard time deciding what version to use so it may kind of be a combo of two.  I love it in the NET version, but I also like the last line in the NASB.  Anyway, I've chosen this verse because I need the reminder that He is in control when my world seems to be spinning out of control.

"He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him."  Isaiah 33:6 (NET)

"the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure." (NASB)

Now it's your turn.  Leave a comment with your name, your verse, and the version.  You can also let us know why you've chosen that verse if you'd like.  If you are having a hard time choosing what verse to memorize, feel free to use mine or any of the team verses from this time around or last.  That's not cheating!  Just don't let the decision...or lack of one become a snare that keeps you from continuing on your steps to our goal of 24 verses.  Our enemy would like nothing better.  So, pick a verse and get it in your head so that it can change your heart!  Next time you see me, ask me to tell you my first verse...I'll be sure to do the same to you. =)  Let's hold each other accountable and continue to encourage each other as we take the first couple of steps in this incredible journey.

Brittany

10 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm doing a bible study right now and the chapter we've been studying in Ephesians is the story of Pharoah and the army pursuing the children of Israel. They (Israelites) get freaked out and start complaining about how they should have just stayed in Egypt and served them because that would have been better than dying in the desert! Moses, full of God's vision, encouraged them with this verse,

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14, NIV).

I thought this could apply to some things in my own life...battles I try to fight on my own. If I memorize it I'll have it as reminder to be still and let God rescue me. It's a short verse too and that's not a bad thing! Hope it's going well for you all...wish I could be with you to hear the verse you've memorized.

Unknown said...

Hope I'm not being too agressive with this one, but it just seems so important to me right now...

I Corinthians 13:3-8a (NASB)
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek it's own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong sufferred, does not rejoice in unrighteousness; but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...

Nita DeSonier said...

Tammy, that is one of my favorite verses. I had it posted on my computer monitor for about a year and a half. God was faithful to His word in my case. I pray you find the same thing.

I am being ambitious as well this week but I found this verse in a book I'm reading and it touched me.

Isaiah 41:9-10 (NIV)
I took you from the ends of the earth, from the farthest corners I called you. I said, "You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Unknown said...

So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to God who created you, for He will never fail you. 1 Peter 4:19 (NLT)

Terri Cooper said...

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21 NAS)

Hilary said...

Well, I had another verse in my mind to memorize. A verse that would strengthen witnessing. However, when I read Brittany's verse I knew in my heart it was a verse for my own life. So, I too will recite it over and over again until it's written on my heart.

"He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him." Isaiah 33:6 (NET)

"the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure." (NASB)

Carrie P said...

I'm late, but better late than never... And I think it will be obvious why I'm choosing this one (in light of my delay :) )

"...and who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" Matt. 6:27

if we could add time by worrying, I would outlive everyone!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Better late than never. This is the one I've been working on but didn't take the time, until now, to post.
We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,for our hope is in you alone.

Zoila Adigun said...

Carrie,

I am so with you .. I have been so worried my chest hurts! LOL !! That verse is simple but true so I will go with it as well..

"...and who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" Matt. 6:27

Kristi Tye said...

Yep, only 3 days to memorize this one. Sorry! I let the days get away from me. So, here's my "quite-appropriate-for-my-life-right-now" memory verse . . .

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. -- Matthew 11:28-30