Sunday, August 1, 2010

SMT Verse #9

Sorry, sorry, so sorry!  I almost forgot to get this on here today.  So, I'll make it short and sweet.

I've chosen a four verse passage for the month of August.  I will do the first two now and save the last two for the second half of the month.  I have had them underlined in my Bible for quite some time but have never hidden them in my heart.  It's time...so, here goes....

"The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.  The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes."
Psalm 19:7-8 (NASB)

Now it's your turn.  You know the drill.  And if you don't, well just click on the SMT link on the right side of this page (under 'Labels') and read about our memory verse commitment.  We would LOVE for you to join us!  If you have joined us before, but have missed a couple of verses...please jump back in.  Let us continue to encourage one another and hold each other accountable.  Proverbs 27:17

Brittany

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been struggling with keeping up these last few weeks, and was ready to just throw in the towel... But, knowing you ladies are there has helped me to stay committed. I may not do as well, but I will keep trying with God's help and your encouragement.

Here is my new verse:

Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. James 1:22 (NASB)

Unknown said...

I apologize to you ladies that my scriptures did not make it to the list in July. I tried posting from my iphone and it did not go through, but I promise, I did memorize a scripture. I appreciate your hearts in continuing with your memorizing God's word. :)



Psalm 67:1–2(NLT)
May God be merciful and bless us. May His face smile with favor on us. May your ways be known throughout the earth, Your saving power among people everywhere.

Nita said...

As quickly approaching changes threaten to rock my foundation, I decided this will be a good verse for me to have etched on my heart to remind me that my foundation is in God not in ANYTHING or ANYONE else.

"He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:6 (NIV)

Terri Cooper said...

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (NIV) The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Carrie P said...

One that resonates with me in so many ways...

Proverbs 14: 1
The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.